Saturday, August 16, 2014

For the love...again!


Kombi Love at Tarpon Springs Hippie Fest 

Just got in a couple of hours ago from a very hot afternoon spent in my Happy Place (aka in the midst of VWs everywhere!) I got more than I bargained for and took about 200 photos between my two cameras. I think it was time well spent between meeting some excellent people and seeing some great vehicles. 

There were many more VW Buses at this event than I reckoned on which is cool by me. I love 'em! There were also many VW Beetles and Bugs, quite a lot of the 'newer' ones and my favorites...the older ones. 

The most unusual VW there was this guy...the  "Push Me, Pull You" bus. Check this thing out! 


The guy that owns him welded two front ends of two separate VW buses together to make a whole bus! But it's like a mini bus! Coolest thing ever! 


The proud owners of the Push Me, Pull You bus! They could not have been nicer people either! 


The people who owned the car above were letting everyone write on this car with some sort of chalk. I had to kick up my marketing strategy with this...


Anything to throw some attention towards the photo end of things! If it draws me some business, why not? 


A very well-attended event! Many great cars and cool people. 


A good mix of the old and the new! Tons of Buses, campers, Kombis, Bugs and Beetles with a few GTIs and other things thrown in for good measure! 


The gorgeous bus above has been a past photographic subject of mine! It was good to see him again like an old friend. 


The only Karmann Ghia I saw today, surprisingly enough. I thought more would turn up.


A nice array of cars from the Local Volks VW Club. They always turn up with some real beauties! 

A great time was had but as this is Florida, it didn't take any time at all for the extreme heat and humidity to take me down for the count. That plus a dead camera battery brought the All The Rods/All The Creatives proceedings to a dead halt. 

If you want to view more photos, you can get them here...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/All-The-Creatives/311971668952364?sk=photos_stream



No comments:

Post a Comment