Sunday, November 24, 2013

2014 Model Tampa International Auto Show photographic recap!

(New 'Firebird' on display at 2014 Model Show in Tampa)
 
 
Today was a true blue All The Rods sort of day. The 2014 Model Auto Show was everything I thought it would be and so much more! Saw a lot of really great vehicles and got tons of test drives with them. I shot some video as well as just finished up a new podcast highlighting this show as well as Bug Jam a few weeks back.
 
My test drives included these models & my thoughts on each-
 
2014 Chevy Impala-The Bowtie finally got their head straight and gave the consumer a truly gorgeous new Chevy that drives well. Striking car, very comfortable ride.
 
2014 Chevy Malibu-The one I rode in had front bucket seats which scored points with me. A very smooth driver, got a bit of get up and go under the hood.
 
2014 Chevy Volt-Don't buy the BS about hybrids and electric cars having no pickup. No, it is really not like driving a golf cart, unless you're thinking about how quiet it is, then sure. But easily my favorite among the Bow Tie offerings today. Great ride, quick pickup without the ramp up you get with gas-powered cars.
 
2014 GMC Sierra-nice big truck, sort of a rough ride though, I think that the tires had a lot to do with it. Great truck though, despite the shaky driving.
 
2014 Chevy Silverado-gorgeous truck with a sunroof. I don't see too many trucks with sunroofs, This truck had all the bells and whistles. Drove well with nice get up and go.
 
(Line was too long for the 2014 Camaro Convertible, so I nixed that one. I've driven them before anyway.)
 
2014 Dodge Charger/SRT-kickass car! I'm very partial to these to begin with. Great pickup and speed with smooth driving. Getting in and sitting in the driver's seat was like meeting with an old friend, as I'd once rented a Charger not too long ago.
 
(Not a big fan of orange but I do love this car)
 
 
2014 Dodge Dart-drives well, cute, compact. Much better than the Dart of old. I call this the Charger's little brother.
 
2014 Fiat 500-I was disappointed with this one. Yes, they're cute, yes, they're unique but I didn't like the way it drove. The lady who rode with me said that the Fiats sold here are still true to the European style and feel.
 
2014 Ram-the Ram already has my heart as it's my favorite truck. Friends have this truck but older models. I loved driving this sexy bad boy that had a lot of pickup.
 
Inside the ballrooms within the convention center, there was an array of both American makes and models as well as others (German, Asian.) I was disappointed that Porsche wasn't one of them; I really wanted to check out the Panamera. The Chevy Stingray was a big hit!
 
(2014 Corvette Stingray)
 
 
(Eye See You)
 
(Impressive back end, which means it looks as good coming as it does going)
 
(Yes, that does say Mustang pool table
(SMH. No! What a waste of a great car!)
 
(Dodge Viper)
(Hyundai Veloster Turbo)
 
(2014 Jaguar F-Type Coupe)
 
(Jag F-Type Front)
(Mercedes SLS-AMG)
 
 
I also managed to get a few shots of an entirely different sort of vehicle, such as this big boy parked down the road from the convention center....
 
 
(Carnival Cruise Lines)
 
(Same ship)
 
(I don't get to see something like this that often)
 
All in all, a great day! There's another show just like this that's going to take place in Orlando next weekend. Just Google 'Motor Trend' and look up their show schedules, to find out more info about the Orlando show as well as one near you.
 
I will most definitely be back again next year in Tampa. Hopefully, the Stingray will be available for a test drive.
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment